Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Painting skin tones using acrylic paint

     Hello all, today I want to give you a "how to" about my techniques for painting skin tones using a photo reference. This is my first tutorial on here and I hope it will be of some benefit to you. I would also appreciate any feedback or anything you would like explained further. 

Acrylic painting skin tone techniques using photo reference by Gabriel Tuxhorn
This is from a painting I am currently working on and it is a portrait of a friend. I like to work from photos because it allows me to work when I want and not have to wait on a model.

Basic rundown of my process:
  • pencil sketch
  • block in lights and darks
  • add light washes to color match
  • continue with details to completion



This is a work in progress shot of the painting
I hope that you enjoyed this brief tutorial about my process of painting with acrylic.



1 comment: