Wednesday, April 20, 2011

New Ink


Sumi ink and watercolor on bristol board
 I'm starting a new series of sumi ink drawings based on Norse mythology. I have been inspired by Norse myth and now it's finally time I did something about it! This particular piece is about Odin going to meet the giant, Vafthrudnir, and challange each others' knowledge on the origin of life and the universe.

The majority of what is left about the old norse religion is found in the older and younger eddas which you can read on Gutenberg.org. Project Gutenberg is a great online resource and has thousands of free books and even some in audio format, you should check it out!

I recently bought a bottle of sumi ink, because I heard about it from a fellow artist and blogger, Bryan Moss and this is my first try with it. It's pretty fun to work with and it's really gritty and smells like dirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment